For the basics, you just need a web browser and the Internet
The technology required to exchange purchase orders and invoices with customers over Ariba Network is minimal. All you need is a device with which to access the Internet, like a desktop computer or mobile device. Once your account is open and you have an Ariba Network profile, you simply open your favorite web browser and log in to SAP Ariba to conduct business.
If you transact a lot, integration is the way to go
If you need to transact business with a lot of customers on Ariba Network, you'll find it most efficient if you integrate your transaction processing systems with Ariba Network. It's optional, but it will go a long way in helping you automate and streamline your business commerce transactions.
Simply put, electronic integration is automatic, two-way communication between your business applications and your customer's, via Ariba Network. When your systems are integrated with SAP Ariba...
- your customer’s purchase orders automatically appear in your order processing system
- your customer automatically receives a ship notice when you send an order
- your accounts receivable system sends invoices automatically to your customer’s accounts payable system
It's easy to imagine the benefits your company can derive from transacting business this way. When you do, communications are...
- forty-five to sixty percent more accurate
- sixty to seventy-five percent less costly
- more satisfying to your customers
- more likely to help retain your customers
And when communications are faster and more accurate, you can receive payment faster. Suppliers who are electronically integrated with Ariba Network enjoy, on average, a 15-to-20 percent reduction in days sales outstanding.
There are other ways you can connect with your customers; for example, by establishing a direct, one-to-one electronic connection. But when you're electronically integrated with Ariba Network...
- it's much easier to connect with all of the large buying organizations on Ariba Network
- in the event of a dispute, both you and your customer can log in and view the same document at the same time
- you can access testing and debugging tools to test your catalogs, PunchOut site, and more
- you get support for all the transaction types you and your customers may need
Ways to integrate
If your organization has direct-connect capability, SAP Ariba can help you integrate with Ariba Network using one of the following methods.
Best option if...
Watch this presentation
Click on the title, then click to advance the presentation.
Additional options for platinum and gold subscribers
If you're a Platinum or Gold Ariba Network subscriber, transacting with a high number of customers on Ariba Network without your own infrastructure for integrating, you have access to additional integration resources that make it easier for SAP Ariba to adapt to your technology, including:
- An Ariba Integration Connector, Powered by Dell Boomi, which enables quick connectivity to your back-end system so you can reduce manual work and serve your customers more efficiently
- Integration services to maximize your success, including:
- an Integration Express Consultation to ensure you and your customers are on the same page about the best ways to work together through Ariba Network
- a Seller Integration Engagement that provides you with the technical expertise, guidance, and proven frameworks you need to automate your connection to Ariba Network
As part of the integration process, SAP Ariba will map out the system for processing purchase and change orders; order confirmations and cancellations; and invoices. We'll also perform a comprehensive qualification of your technology and buyer-connection requirements to make sure we've identified any and all gaps. When we're done, we'll work with you to lay out the schedule for launching your integration project.